The Cabbage soup diet is one that’s been around for a while now. My first piece of advice to you is, before you even attempt this one, make sure you like the taste of cabbage!! Otherwise look away now.
The Cabbage soup diet is an effective diet and really cheap too which is always a bonus, save pounds in more ways than one. This cabbage soup diet should only be carried out for 1 week at a time. It has made claims that you can lose up to 10lbs in this week. Lets discuss the pros and cons of such a vast weight loss diet.
Firstly as mentioned above this diet is one of the cheaper ones on the market, not only this but you will be eating plenty of cabbage (greens) which is full of goodness. The weight loss is great for only 7 days of hard work. Even although you are only supposed to stick to this diet for 7 days, it is a great motivator and jump start to a healthy eating plan or another diet that works for long term. The negatives to the cabbage soup diet would be that some people complain of feeling lethargic, lack of concentration and feel weak and shaky.
Unlike some diets which you can eat whatever you like as long as a certain food group isn’t involved such as carbohydrates, the cabbage soup diet gives you a 7 day plan in which you must follow strictly or it will hinder your weight loss. Each day on the cabbage soup diet 7 day plan involves the dreaded cabbage soup, this soup has variants as to the recipe of it, a typical cabbage soup diet recipe will include;
- Lots and lots of cabbage
- tomatoes (canned)
- herbs and spices of your choice
- low sodium broth or stock
- mushrooms if so desired
Obviously on the cabbage soup diet you can tailor the plan to suit your likes and dislikes and you can even add chillies and curry powder to make it like a cabbage curry. To make the soup all you need to do is boil a large pan of water, pop in your choice of herbs and spices along with your low sodium broth cube, peel, slice and dice your veggies and chuck them all in the pot to cook for an hour or 2 or until your vegetables are edible.
On the Cabbage soup diet your eating plan will be as follows;
- cabbage soup (as much as you like)
- fruit (as much as you like with the exception of bananas and dried fruit)
- As much cabbage soup as you wish
- Lots and lots of vegetables, even have a jacket potato for your supper
- Avoid all fruit
- As much soup as your heart contents
- As much fruit as you wish
- As much veg as you so desire (minus the jacket)
- Bananas bananas bananas….eat up to 8 if you like
- skimmed milk – until you wet yourself
- cabbage soup as much as you can dare to bare
- Cabbage Soup
- Half a dozen juicy tomatoes
- No skin baked chicken can substitute beef on this day If you wish
- Plenty of water
- Cabbage soup
- Veggies (no jacket today)
Day7 – Hooray you made it
- Cabbage soup for the last time
- Brown Rice
- Fruit juice
Do not continue this diet for more than one week at a time. This diet restricts your calories to the bare minimum so try and avoid going over the 7 days. You will lose enough weight if you stick to the guidelines for the 7 days.